Rainy Grove Reusable Snack Bag
Our eco-friendly reusable snack bags feature a lightweight cotton exterior and a food safe waterproof lining. These bags can replace plastic zip top bags to help reduce your use of single use plastics! The lining is rated for 300+ washes, allowing lots of use for each bag. They're great for keeping sandwiches and snacks secure in a lunch box, or non-food items secure in a bag or purse. Just pop them in the washing machine when they get dirty OR turn them inside out and wipe clean!
*PLEASE NOTE* This item is handmade – the item in the photo is just a sample. Fabric will be as pictured (pattern placement will vary). If you select snap closure, snap color may vary.
- Foldover: The original Beego snack bag! This closure style is the most low-profile. To open, tuck your thumbs under the top flap and into the corners. Holding the top corners of the bag between your thumbs and pointer fingers, invert the top flap, turning it inside-out so that the flap now rests over your pointer fingers, using them to press the corners out so the bag fully opens. This method may take some practice at first. Freshly-made foldover bags are sometimes tougher to open using this method but will soften over time as they are washed, making it easier! This closure style allows for a bag with simpler production and no extra plastic, if that's your jam.
- Snaps: A more accessible closure method for anyone who may find the foldover bags too complex to maneuver. We use professional quality plastic snaps that are durable enough to last the life of the bag. We know that using plastic isn't always ideal, but plastic snaps are perfect for this application as they are lightweight, hypoallergenic, and will not rust when washed! Plus, they come in every color imaginable which allows us to match snaps to all of our fabrics!
- Hook and loop tape: A fancy word for Velcro, which is actually a brand name. We know that snaps can still be inaccessible for some, so we wanted to offer an option that would be easier to open and close. We sew on a strong and durable strip of white hook and loop tape that will last the life of your bag! It may feel tough to open initially, but after a while it will soften up and become easier to use.
Materials and Care:
- Outer fabric: 100% lightweight quilting cotton
- Lining: waterproof, food-safe, CPSIA compliant ProCare
- Care: Wash before first use. Machine wash cold, tumble dry low or medium. Iron cotton side on low heat if desired. Do not expose waterproof lining to high heat (iron or food).
- Sandwich: 7 x 7.25 inches
- Snack: 7 x 5 inches
- Mini: 5.5 x 4 inches